For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Triangle Loom


I've received some nice comments on my shawls which is encouraging! But a lot of people assume that they are knitted, which is ironic since I'm a TERRIBLE knitter! So am posting here a picture of the triangle loom that I weave the shawls on. Each shawl is five triangles sewn together. Sometimes I add a sixth triangle down the back, but haven't decided which style I prefer. They're fun to weave with these fuzzy cozy yarns, so soft and also washable.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Wow.. that is pretty interesting. I taught myself to knit.. but I am HORRIBLE at it. I did learn to crochet when I was really little.. I make scarves every once in a while.. :)

Sara said...

Nice! Weaving is something I haven't tried yet. The blue shawl on my page is crocheted. It was a prayer shawl for my friend when her 2 year old little boy passed away. I've seen those looms at The Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Maybe someday I'll try it. My 4 year old has several of those plastic looms, but she prefers to crochet. :)

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg