For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Monday, April 18, 2011

New Bracelets and Rope Maker

Some of my latest, simple rope bracelets with beads, to complement my necklaces:

For those who don't know what a rope maker (or "machine" as it can be called) is, it's a wonderfully simple wooden tool (see below). The complexity of rope making is all in the combination of textures and colored yarns you choose to twist together. I find that ever intriguing, the final result, always the least expected:

It's hard to explain exactly how this works, but essentially you tie one end to one of the hooks, then wind it in and around the other hooks and those pegs attached to the table. Then crank the handle and watch your rope emerge!

4 comments:

Crazy as a Cool Fox said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have gotten a lot of visits through everyday godesses blog. You are a writer and a weaver and work with yarn. Those are 3 very theaputic activities. I'm sure you are well grounded.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I've never seen of these. I think I might have to splurge sometime soon and get one.

WhisperingWriter said...

Sounds awesome!

Pearl Maple said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and nice comments. Delighted to visit you and see all the fun things you have been working on.

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg