For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Craft Fair of the Season

If you read the post below,  and wondered  where I was all weekend that I couldn't be around to take home our newest family additions, Sandra's Fiberworks was displaying in a craft fair:


I did  ok, though not easy having to compete with  a vendor selling doggie bandanas. No, really. Bandanas for dogs. And I had a dog to prove it, one wandering through my tent adorned in the adorable red one. He liked sniffing under my tables for my lunch, his owner heedless as she agonized over which sea-glass earrings to buy from the vendor next to me.


You never know what people will take to, but this time it was these small rope beaded bracelets I'd made; they sold like hotcakes, to both women and children, and even little boys. I also sold several of my shawls which I realize now are very versatile, as people wrapped them around their neck like scarves.  And I got some nice comments on my new framed felted pieces, my new fiber love.





6 comments:

Abracadebra Designs said...

Hi Sandra, Sounds like overall it was a good show, except for your pesty neighbor. Your set up looks nice and you seem to have a great variety of items. Best of luck with future shows.
-Debbie

WhisperingWriter said...

Your stuff looks really nice!

Helen Suzanne said...

oo well done on getting a stall together. I know just how much work and effort that requires and it's a major feat! The shawls look lovely.

friedaquilter said...

Your display looks gorgeous, Sandra, such a shame I'm so far away! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. Really appreciate it.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I also think your set up looks great! And beautiful items to choose from. I was laughing at your story, but it's too bad you had to compete against the doggie bandanas--who knew!

Rondi said...

Lovely shawls! Thanks for the visit from the blog hop! :)
Rondi
wahmresourcesite.com
moms-with-style.com

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg