For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

More on Felting

I'm pleased with the felted "landscapes" that seem to have evolved from my first experience with needle felting. I didn't set out to do landscapes, but something about the way you can blend colors of felt became for me reminiscent of either open vistas or stormy oceans (perhaps this one?):





 These are all the tools you need, a wire brush for blending of felt colors (two actually) and the needles:


The only other materials needed are the foam board for the punching, and a piece of ironed felt:




A simple and fun art form. The punching is simple, but the complexity of the form is all in how you blend the colors. 



4 comments:

Lauren said...

HUH? lol! I have no idea what you are talking about, but it is gorgeous! I would love to learn how to do this one day!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

His looks like fun!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I've never heard of needle felting. I think I would also like to give that a try. I love how the colors mesh together.

Abracadebra Designs said...

Wow, That is totally gorgeous. Love, Love, Love all the colors. Most unique art I have seen in a while.
-Debbie

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg