For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Latest Weaving Project

With the trauma of our recent loss, (If you revel in death posts, see riveting ruminative ones below), it has been hard to focus on my next show. But here's one piece on the triangle loom. I'll do three to be sewn together into a shawl:


Here's one finished triangle:  



The shawl/wrap design is versatile enough to be rolled up and worn as a cowl neck scarf. Hopefully I'll have pics up of the finished project one of these days.

8 comments:

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

I really like this ~ your work is lovely ~glad you got back into the creative process, especially after dealing with the loss of your husband's best friend. Death has a way of 'awakening us' ~ becoming more conscious to life. As for heaven, my belief is that it is, indeed, right here and is to be seen in the miracles that do occur each day. Hope you can enjoy the holiday weekend ~ hugs and namaste, Carol

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Sandra ~ I have a Mr. Linky and have not figured a way to use it ~ Can you share with me how you made yours ~ i love the way did Crafters link ~ but how did you do that? ~ thanks, Carol (artmusedog)

Denise said...

Wow very nice work. I'm returning the follow. Thanks for following me.

Danielle said...

I'm a new gfc follower. Found you on Super Stalker Sunday.
Very nice work. I wish I could get into something like this.
Happy 4th!
I also have a blog hop on my page if you're interested in linking up!
Danielle
www.adeliciousobsession.com

WhisperingWriter said...

Nice. I like that!

Mom Daughter Style said...

that's beautiful, you must be very patient finishing projects like these

Helen Suzanne said...

Hi Sandra, love the colours with this one.

sorry for the late reply... yes indeed, small wet felted pieces are ideal to needle-felt onto or even attach with needle-felting onto another piece. Wet felting really needn't be thick at all :)

Abracadebra Designs said...

Hey Sandra, I just love seeing your works in progress. I can really appreaciate all the hard work and love put into your pieces. Cant wait to see the finished shawl.
-Debbie

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg