For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Challenge: Sell a Woolly Scarf in Tropical 90-degree Heat

Sandra's Fiberworks was on display at the annual Huntington Historical Society fine arts and craft show – in blistering 90-plus degree heat. I swear, every show I've done this summer has been a tropical day. I might as well have been trying to sell woolly scarves in Costa Rica. Who wants to touch fiber stuff when it's going to stick to them? Yes, there have been some lovely cool summer days, but I haven't been able to hit any of those as a vendor. I'm done with summer shows, will focus on fall and holidays.

BUT I did do well at this last show, had a couple of popular sellers. One man bought one of these shoulder wraps, along with a matching rope necklace for his lady (I don't get many male buyers):


These lightweight, pliable summer scarves also did well, as they add a touch of elegance, and do not stick to you in the tropics:




8 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Yes! That's a hard sale for 90 degree weather! They're beautiful.

Barbra said...

I gave up outdoor shows. At least in air conditioning people put aside the sweatiness and think of a cooler day!

Leta Porter said...

Congrats on the sale! They are Beautiful!

Finding Charm said...

Hey, snaps to you to even be able to sell at all in that weather. It would be hard for me to think ahead and know I'd be cold in a few months. Congrats!

Abracadebra Designs said...

Hey Sandy, Good for you, getting some sales. Here's hoping you get many more in the fall time.
-Debbie

Nicole said...

Try being in the South when your favorite fiber is WOOL. Not real likely to sell much of that down here! At least you sold SOMETHING!

Jill said...

Beautiful!

Visiting from Thursday Cup of Joe and now Follow you via GFC:)

I also co-host a weekly Wednesday Block Party Hop if you would like to join in the Fun!

http://www.frugalplus.com/p/wednesdays-block-party-hop.html

~ Jill

http://www.frugalplus.com/

Vicky said...

So pretty and a great sale! I see you are in Long Island. How did you survive the storm? Hope everything is back to normal.

I am a new follower from the Wild Wednesday Hop. If you have a chance, stop by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi!

Thanks!

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg