For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quandary!

I'm stuck.


I've cleaned up my weaving table (as clean as it can be):

      




Having finished another triangle shawl:








And now I can't decide what to do next. Either another shawl, a rose colored one with ribbon??




Or take a break from shawl world to return to my needle felting, like this one:




...with these wet-felted pieces. That didn't felt too well:




It's the end-of-January winter blues, as unseasonably warm as it was here on the east coast today. Maybe I'm just longing for something seasonal, like snow. I don't know...


What should I doooo?

6 comments:

DiveDva said...

I LOVE the pink!!! I think you should make another shawl!

Michele of By Your Side said...

I knit and have done needle felting, so I am not a huge help, except I am loving the pink combo!! Which says a lot because I usually don't dig on pink!! Unseasonably warm here over on the west coast too... kinda missing some winter!!

Deni Breitenbach said...

Relax!~ Breath and calm yourself... don't stress about it, allow the crafting to be your therapy.
Those of us who craft and do handmade need to allow ourselves a moment in between ~ it is easy to feel pressured to create, when sometimes we just need to allow ourselves to breathe.
Remember WHY you do this!
Enjoy!
Deni

MsXpat said...

Lovely work! I feel all snuggly just by looking at your shawl! Chill for a bit and seek inspiration for your next peace from nature. Something with a winter theme? Or thinking of Spring a piece that bright and cheery? Whatever you decide I look forward to seeing a pic of it.

Spilled Milkshake said...

I really love the pink, too. And the shawl looks so warm and soft!!

Marie Z. Johansen said...

You taunt me with the shawl loom in the photograph! Eeeckkkk - I can;t look - I can;t give into fiber lust. I must guard my wallet .. but then you go and remind me!

Wonderful work! I also love the faux fur - I got a long skinny for the holidays from a girlfriened - in lime green of course !

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg