For this author, creative endeavors have been sorely tested by motherhood. But also transformed, and in ways she wouldn’t have imagined – couldn’t have, without her life “rewritten” as it has been, by her children. So linger here, to read all things weaverly, writerly and motherly.

like

Tweet button

Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"You don't look your age." Of course, that's a compliment. Though not a compliment anyone would make to someone in their twenties.

So I'm not in my twenties! So what!

Ok, I do care. I'm middle-aged.  As this lady waiting on line in front of me at Petco liked to remind me, as I was considering more doggy chewy toys...

How old do you look? 

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love it when I get those remarks, although they don't happen as often anymore.

taylorsoutback said...

At 68, I would love to hear I don't look my age! But then maybe they would mean I lean towards 88?

I always think if my face has lines and wrinkles, they were all earned and give me character...:o)

Jessica M said...

All that I can say is that people call me ma'am instead of miss! I knew something definitely changed when that started to happen! ;)

Popular Posts

Lightning Bug

onestop blog

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/WordNerdSpeaks/OSBW7.jpg